So today I had my 27/28 week check up at my midwife. I was worried about bringing Alex to it but he's been surprising me more and more, to which he did wonderfully at. He enjoyed the appointments and we had plenty of toys and distractions to help keep him entertained. He even took pictures of my midwife!
Around 28 weeks, the doctor/midwife usually does a blood glucose test. The reason for this is to test a pregnant woman to see if she has gestational diabetes. While this may seem scary, it really just means a change in diet for the pregnant woman till the baby is born. Women that have gestational diabetes usually have large babies. More information can be found at Baby Center.
Alex was a large baby, weighing in at 9 lbs 9 oz. He was considered a large baby, and I already had done a glucose screening early on during this pregnancy. I did not have gestational diabetes with Alex, and my early screening was perfectly fine. Apparently I just grow large babies, so I'm hoping Baby Jo will be a little smaller.
Anyway, Alex was a joy to have at my appointments with me. He was very curious about the blood drawing, but he kept his distance. He even picked my wrap!


Yikes! Blood draws scare me, Alex is a trooper!!
ReplyDelete